Trailer: Inside Llewyn Davis

Based solely on the trailer, "Inside Llewyn Davis" is probably one of the movies that I'm surely looking forward to seeing this year, alongside "The Great Gatsby" (another Carey Mulligan starrer to premiere at the Festival de Cannes this May 2013) and has all the makings of a best picture for my year end's list. Mulligan's acting chops for this film deviates from all of her past performances, here we can see a whole new side of her dropping those humorous lines like a bomb - to which all credits are due to the witty screenplay by the Coen Brothers. Another element of this movie that excited me is the music, nothing short of the folk music scene of the 1960s, and I love that decade with all of my dark and twisted heart. So what could better that? Nothing, in my opinion. Well maybe with the exception that Marcus Mumford (of Mumford & Sons) produced the music with Academy Award winner T-Bone Burnett. At this point in time I am craving for inspiration from the cinema, I've been a prodigal cinephile for a tad too long - I want to watch something that would pull me right back in, something good, something moving. I am crossing my fingers that this film won't disappoint, along with all the other Cannes lineups.

 xoxo, Chin






 
Copyright © 2011 Quotes JazZ | Privacy Policy.