Six Seasons of Madness


If the U.S. Library of Congress could deemed any show as "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant," Mad Men will fit the bill perfectly. Unlike most viewers, I am generally picky with the kind of TV series I watch. I don't fall for the usual crime and action serials, rather I prefer something that would make me think. Watching (movies and TV series) is not just a form of entertainment to me but a way to educate myself, so I screen what I watch and read reviews from reliable news websites, such as Indiewire, HuffingtonPost, New York Times and The Guardian before I jump on the bandwagon. Being a Psychology major, a history buff and some sort of cultural anthropologist Mad Men is my meal ticket to anything and everything 60s. It's been 6 years since its "premier" season and we're now nearing the beginning of a new decade and closing in on a turbulent one. Season 7 next year will surely be a bittersweet experience. Whatever the finale may bring I am eternally grateful for the ride. 








 
Copyright © 2011 Quotes JazZ | Privacy Policy.